- Preheat oven to 325 °F (162 °C).
- In a large bowl, combine the juice of 1 lime, 2 tbsp of roasted colombo spice blend, garlic, ginger and a dash of oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Coat meat in the mixture.
- In a cast iron pot or skillet set over high heat, add some butter and oil, and brown the meat for about 2 minutes on each side. Remove the meat.
- Lower to medium heat, add some butter and oil, and sauté onions and fennel for about 2 minutes. Add flour and cook for 1 minute. Deglaze with white wine, scraping to collect all the cooking juices. Add the rest of the marinade, cream, vegetable broth, bay leaf and meat.
- Cover and bake for 3 hours.
- Let rest with the cover on for about 30 minutes.
- Taste and adjust seasoning by adding salt and pepper.
Serve with celeriac mash or rice and your choice of vegetables.