Garam masala braised beef
- Servings : 6 Portions
- Dish type : Main dishes
- Preparation : 25 min
- Total : 4 h (+30 min rest)
- 1.5 kg blade roast, about 3 inches (8 cm) thick
- 3 shallots, chopped
- 6 dried figs or prunes, halved
- 1 tbsp double concentrated tomato paste
- 1 tbsp roasted garam masala
- 1 blond beer
- Approximately 2 cups of beef broth
- 2 bay leaves
- Oil or butter
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 325 °F (165 °C).
- Season meat with salt and pepper on all sides.
- In an iron cast pot, add some oil or butter, brown meat on all sides and remove from pot.
- Add shallots and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Deglaze using 1 cup of broth. Add double concentrated tomato paste, roasted garam masala, bay leaves, beer, meat and dried figs (or prunes). Pour in broth, leaving 1/4 inch of meat above the broth.
- Cover and bake on middle rack for 4 hours.
- Remove from oven and let rest for 30 minutes.
Suggestions d’accompagnement :
Turnip-carrot mash or celeriac-potato mash.