- Servings : 4 Portions
- Dish type : Main dishes
- Preparation : 15 min
- Total : 1 h 05
- 1 kg skinless chicken breasts or thighs, cubed
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 tsp fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp roasted Indian spice blend
- 2 cloves of garlic, pressed
- 1 can of tomato paste
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 cup 15% cooking cream
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt, 2%
- Fresh cilantro
- In a bowl, combine coconut milk, cream, yogurt and tomato paste. Reserve.
- In a skillet, melt butter and brown onion.
- Add roasted Indian spice blend, ginger and garlic. Cook for 1 minute, stirring.
- Add chicken cubes and brown for about 2 minutes.
- Add liquids, stir and simmer over low heat for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste, and sprinkle with cilantro just before serving.
- Serve with rice and warm naan bread.