Fettuccine with tomatoes, pancetta and goat cheese
- Servings : 4 Portions
- Dish type : Main dishes
- Preparation : 10 min
- Total : 30 min
- 1 package (500 g) fettuccine egg noodles
- 1/4 lb (115 g) pancetta, sliced
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 2 cups (500 mL) cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Dried tomatoes & Basil blend
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) pasta cooking water or chicken broth
- 4 oz (120 g) soft goat cheese, plain
- Fresh chives, chopped
- In a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook pasta following package directions. Set aside 1/2 cup (125 mL) of cooking water. Drain pasta and drizzle with oil.
- In a large non-stick skillet, heat half of the oil and brown the pancetta. Reserve on a plate and take apart the pancetta.
- In the same skillet, add the remaining oil and the butter, and cook onions until golden. Add garlic, cherry tomatoes and spice blend. Continue cooking for a few minutes, until the cherry tomatoes begin to burst.
- Add pancetta and continue cooking for 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add pasta and green onions. Mix well and cook on low heat. Add some of the reserved cooking water or chicken broth as needed. Adjust seasoning.
- Serve in 4 bowls and sprinkle with goat cheese and chives.