Thai coconut mussels
- Servings : 4 Portions
- Dish type : Main dishes
- Preparation : 10 min
- Total : 15 min
- 1 kg mussels, washed and trimmed
- 1 leek, sliced
- 1 large shallot, chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh ginger, grated
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tbsp roasted Madras curry
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Olive oil, salt and pepper
- In a pot, sauté the leek and shallot in oil.
- Add ginger, garlic, tomato paste and curry powder, and mix well.
- Pour in chicken broth, wine and coconut milk. Season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil.
- Add mussels and coat them well in the mixture. Then, add tomatoes. Cover and let simmer for about 5 minutes or until the mussels open, stirring frequently.
- Add cilantro and serve.
Oven-baked potato quarters served with spicy & zesty mayonnaise.