Chocolate and roasted ras el hanout banana bread
- Servings : 10 Portions
- Dish type : Desserts
- Preparation : 15 min
- Total : 1h
- 125 g soft butter, cut into pieces
- 165 g brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 225 g flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp roasted ras el hanout, ground OR garam masala
- 360 g ripe bananas, mashed
- 120 ml coconut milk
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp ground espresso grains
- 200 g semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Raisins (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 °F (175 °C).
- Grease a bread loaf pan.
- In a bowl, whip butter and sugar until fluffy and white. Stir in eggs, one at a time, then flour.
- Stir in baking soda, salt, roasted ras el hanout, mashed banana, coconut milk, lemon juice, espresso and chocolate chips. Mix all the ingredients with a spoon.
- Pour into pan.
- Bake for 1 hour. Check for doneness before removing from oven.
- Let cake rest.